Hi, hello, I’m still alive! After a bit of a hiatus, I am back.
So over on Bookstagram, I like to partake in a monthly book challenge called #circleofbookishfriends, hosted by my pal Sadie. Today’s challenge post was Top 9 Favorite Authors. I thought I’d elaborate here on my choices!
- George RR Martin – George will always be my King of the fantasy genre. Before reading the ASOIAF series, I would have probably said I didn’t even like fantasy but I’m a changed woman now!
- JK Rowling – Ok, I guess I probably don’t need to elaborate on this one. QUEEN!!!! I have a couple of her books written under Robert Galbraith but I haven’t read them yet.
- Stephen King – Honestly, I just love King’s writing so much. He can write in so many genres. I also love how he’s so good at getting inside the heads of children and even teenage girls. He can write them so well! Also, King doesn’t just write horror so if you’re apprehensive to read some King because you don’t like horror, you should try reading 11/22/63!
- Diana Gabaldon – I have to thank Gabaldon for getting me out of my Reading Slump of Epic Proportions. I had my son in February 2014 and prior to that I was reading here and there but after I had him I could NOT get into a book. I seriously did not pick up a book for so long. In spring/summerish of 2016, I picked Outlander back up and was sucked in. I flew through up until Drums of Autumn. I started The Fiery Cross but I’ve been so distracted with other books.
- Ania Ahlborn – One of my newest favorite authors! Guys, if you love horror you NEED to read some Ahlborn. Every book I’ve read of hers has had me on edge. I just love her writing style and her creepy stories. I highly recommend Brother.
- Chuck Wendig – The Miriam Black series is SO good. Also, Wendig is super funny over on his Twitter as well.
- Harlan Coben – Looking for thrillers?! Look no further. I just love a fast paced thriller every once in awhile and Coben never lets me down.
- Pierce Brown – The Red Rising Trilogy was one of my FAVORITE series I read this year. Sci fi/fantasy!
- Liane Moriarty – I have Truly Madly Guilty sitting on my nightstand. I loved Big Little Lies and The Husband’s Secret so I hope TMG is similar!
What do you think of my list? Do you love/hate any of these authors?!